Thursday, May 3, 2012

"OUTED DENVER MAN"?--NOT COOL, FOLKS, BUT...

 A Denver man claims that a Best Buy employee wrongly “outed” him on Facebook after he left his phone for repair.
Rich Dewberry, 39, said he brought in his mobile device to get fixed and was given a new phone. Shortly afterward, his Facebook status read, “I am gay, I’m coming out.”

this is the part that bothers me:

" I feel I have been humiliated. My reputation has been tarnished,” he said.

There are worse things you can be buddy !

I get the angry part but the REAL angry part in straight men accused of being gay always raises a red flag (in the vein of Methinks thou dost protest too much! e.g. Rick Santorum)

I agree no one should be outed (rightfully or wrongly); however, I think had he made it into a joke it would have taken the sting out of the entire deal.  The employee should be fired for simply being disgracefully unprofessional, but gay is not a dirty word (or maybe in YOUR world it is and this is a lesson from the universe).

STOP WHINING!

No comments:

Post a Comment