Friday, May 18, 2012

FACEBOOK STOCK, IS IT FOR YOU?

facebook ipo trading
"Facebook CEO and founder Mark Zuckerberg rang the opening bell remotely, from company headquarters in California.
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Facebook's stock market debut finally came and went -- but for all the breathless hype, shares ended right near their offering price.
On Thursday night, Facebook (FB) set its final IPO price at $38 a share. When the stock began trading at 11:30 a.m. ET on Friday, the first trade came in at $42.05 per share -- a gain of nearly 11%..."

My advice is if you are able to buy, go ahead,  but you may need $250 -$500 K in the bank to even try (you may get leftovers and buy some from private traders). My real advice is if you intend on having grandchildren then buy (and leave it to them in your will), I have a feeling not too much $$$ in shares will go up in my lifetime., so I'll bow out.

I have never liked intangible things like stocks; then again, I don't know too much about it.
 I was a firm believer in real estate & look how that turned out!
 I still believe that at least with real estate you have shelter and a tangible commodity.

WHO KNOWS???
I DON'T...

No comments:

Post a Comment