Wednesday, May 16, 2012

GO-GO PERFORMER-CHUCK BROWN- DIES-75

Chuck Brown, known as the "Godfather of Go-Go," a genre blending funk, jazz and soul and other musical forms, died Wednesday, his manager said.
Brown, 75, died at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland, manager Tom Goldfogle said. The performer, whose career spanned four decades, died of multi-organ failure from sepsis.
"Go-Go" originated in Washington, D.C., in the early 1970s..."

I remember "go-go" going back to the 60's (my Cuban parents would actually call all American  dances "go-go" and they would insist to show visitors my moves , which I did; I was a ham early on !

WIKIPEDIA does say that the dancing & the genre of music were different--whatever, I can still do "the four corners" and that my friends remains "go-go" to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment