Friday, May 25, 2012

MAN DISCOVERS HE'S A WOMAN...

"Man Admitted to Hospital for Kidney Stone, Discovers He's a Woman

  Colorado man who was admitted to the hospital for a kidney stone received surprising news when the nurse came back with test results revealing he was actually a woman.

Denver photographer Steve Crecelius said he's felt a little different all his life.

"When I was about 6 years old, I started having these feminine feelings, but that was in the '60s. Wearing my mom's makeup, I thought I looked pretty," Crecelius told ABC News.

So when he went to the emergency room five years ago, he wasn't too shocked when the nurse told him she found traits of both genders in his ultrasound results.

He was intersex, meaning he had both male genitalia and internal female sex organs..."

 

3 comments:

  1. I read this, pretty amazing. Intersex can span a whole bunch of different conditions and it is a very understood population. Attempts were made to attach intersex issues (such as arbitrary choices by parents/doctors when the external genitalia are ambiguous) to the LGBT movement but there is still a whole lot of ignorance out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I think is most telling/encouraging is that the relationship stayed together, proving that true love is about the brain not the plumbing. I know several people who underwent gender reassignment and kept their families intact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does take a special kind of person to adhere to "unconditional love" --we all believe we could do it but can we?

    "brain not the plumbing"--clever!

    I have only met a few pre-op individuals--wish I knew more...

    ReplyDelete