Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"VAGINA, VAGINA, VAGINA !!!"

SO WE THROW AROUND "DICK HEAD", "YOU DICK", THE MERE TALK OF PENIS GETS NO REACTION BUT THE FEMALE EQUIVALENT, "VAGINA", IS WRONG (OR SHOULD I HAVE SAID A NO-NO?) WTF!!!!???

Growing up my mom use to blindside us w/ real words like "pregnant" (I would be all, "Mom she's expecting"). She would retort, "No animals get pregnant, deal with it!"  Abortion was  not washed over either. Thanks Mom, always ahead of your time! She was the first feminist I ever met & taught her children the beauty of equality. She worked harder than my dad (not to diss my loving dad, who I adore, but she always made more $$$ than he).

Now the Republicans are all up in arms about  the word VAGINA------deal with it! 

State Rep. Lisa Brown (D), who was silenced in a recent debate after she used the word “vagina".



 Michigan state Rep. Lisa Brown, who recently turned heads with one word, is pictured between state Sen. Gretchen Whitmer, left, and author Eve Ensler, right, for a reading of “The Vagina Monologues” Monday at the Michigan Capitol in Lansing.

Like so many women I know are sayin',  "Keep your politics out of my vagina!"

 The lawmakers were greeted at the capitol on Monday evening by none other than Eve Ensler, writer of “The Vagina Monologues,” whose presence helped attract an audience of more than 2,500 people, men and women alike. So in a quest to silence & censor Brown and others, they got theater & much more attention.

 ( Michigan Republicans maintained that they banned Brown from debate not because of the word “vagina,” but because of what followed it — the phrase “no means no” — which they said was a reference to “rape.”)

Make your own decision. I know a child needs to know the real words first and the cutsey ones for fun, not the other way around.  So an adult should be the role model.

Certain words, such as, dare I say "homosexual",  should never be viewed as taboo or dirty . Words are powerful as well as useful, let's not dilute them anymore.

Even diseases  were not addressed properly in the past & that was a disservice to society at large as well. One would wonder how one can die from just "being sick". It was so taboo when I was growing up -except in our home--when my paternal grandad died of cancer, we said it.  To my family,"being sick" simply meant having a cold, the flu or an allergy.

Hence, the medical term vagina taboo? Really?--WTF?

No comments:

Post a Comment