Wednesday, July 4, 2012

"I LOVE LUCY" STAR DIES

Doris Singleton or as we "I LOVE LUCY"  fans remember her,  Carolyn Appleby (though at times it was Lillian Appleby, no one knows why) She played Lucy Ricardo's frenemy, has sadly died.

Born Dorthea Singleton (September 28, 1919 – June 26, 2012)--a  Brooklyn, NY gal.

 During a guest appearance on the radio show My Favorite Husband in 1948 she met Lucille Ball and began their long professional relationship. She had continuing roles on I Love Lucy playing Carolyn Appleby in ten episodes.

My favorites were : "Lucy in Connecticut" , "The Club Election" and "Lucy Tells the Truth" (watch & die laughing).

Singleton continued her acting career -ironically, she wanted to be a singer & a dancer-well into her elder years.

We loved Lucy but we loved Carolyn too.


 

______________________________________________________

An ironic twist happened 2 days after Singleton died, Don Grady (Robbie on "My Three Sons" died too). Singleton had been on his show several times opposite him. There goes that six-degree thing again!

No comments:

Post a Comment