Sunday, June 15, 2014

"PEGGY SUE GOT MARRIED" (1986)



 Peggy Sue Got Married (1986) PosterPeggy Sue Got Married (1986) Poster







WOW- I just watched "PEGGY SUE GOT MARRIED" (directed by Francis Ford Coppola) this is only the second time I watch it -it's awesome (one of my favs now).

Nic Cage basically steals it; but what a great cast !
Kathleen Turner was amazing too. She was at the peak of her popularity.

The other luminaries were Helen Hunt/ Joan Allen/Maureen O'Sullivan/Jim Carrey/Leon Ames/Barbara Harris/Don Murray/Sofia Coppola/--what???

I didn't fully appreciate it when it came out & took it at face value; almost as fluff (what a fool I was, or maybe just immature).

I can't believe I was 29 yrs old when it was released & didn't see the layers I saw in it today.

I cried so much now at 56 with all my life's experience/it was a welcomed, emotional experience.
 Now I want the poster & to watch with other people who've never seen it.

It is so much more than a time travel piece. It brings up issues of family, decisions, love, maturity and many more...

If you never watched it, treat yourself.

If you have, revisit it and see what you may have missed.

Watch & enjoy...let me know what you think....

P.S. Nic Cage's butt looks great in the last shot--just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment