Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A TRIBUTE TO MY OLD "UNION CITY, NJ"


 




Walking around my old town of Union City, NJ  (where I "grew" up) every inch is a memory; although the population is different. 
Most of the Cubans made their $$$ quickly and shot to the suburbs. 
My  parents & I live about 12 miles west but my sisters both really put a distance between them & the "embroidery capital". 
 Many of the buildings are other things now (usually downgraded in style & substance). For example, the legendary, art deco Sears building is a bunch of unsightly stores-even the spectacular facade  is covered in cheap advertising. 
However, many  buildings still look the same and as my brother-in-law said, when I mentioned how different everything was, it's still so familiar...

If you want to get a taste of the Union City my family called home for decades; check out youtube "UNION CITY" by Dez Manku.

ENJOY !!! 

I will always have a piece of my heart in Union City--esp. my old high school & Bergenline Avenue-since I shared so many amazing memories in one of the most New Yorkcentric places one could have lived. 
 I will always treasure these memories with friends and family; we had a blast there!




May 30, 2014
"UNION CITY" is Dez Manku's special salute to Union City, NJ. It was impossible to put every land mark in Union City in the song, but we did our best to get as many in there as we could.

It's part 1 of our "HUDSON COUNTY TRILOGY."

Stay tuned for Parts 2 and 3 - "TRANSFER STATION" and "BLVD. EAST."
We hope you enjoy it, and it brings back some great memories. Thanks for listening, Mike Boldt and Phil Gallo (DEZ MANKU)

No comments:

Post a Comment