Monday, May 13, 2013

"COAL MINERS DAUGHTER" COMING TO BROADWAY-YAY!

 New Girl's Zooey Deschanel to Play Loretta Lynn in Coal Miner's Daughter on Broadway

 FINALLY , NOT ANOTHER REVIVAL !

New Girl's Zooey Deschanel to Play Loretta Lynn in Coal Miner's Daughter on Broadway

_________________________________

DESCHANEL IS NO STRANGER TO SINGING, BTW...

(She is a member of the folk duo "She & Him") 

_____________________________

 “Loretta Lynn and her music have been inspirations for me for as long as I can remember,” Deschanel also stated. “She is a true legend and to be chosen to play such an iconic woman is a dream come true.”

Coal Miner's Daughter follows Lynn's life from her impoverished Kentucky childhood to working her way to becoming known as the "First Lady of Country Music." Lynn first published her autobiography in 1976, with a film adaptation following in 1980. Sissy Spacek earned an Oscar for playing Lynn.

______________________________

Deschanel's many film and TV credits include Elf, Our Idiot Brother, 500 Days of Summer, All the Real Girls, Weeds, Failure to Launch, Yes Man, Almost Famous, Once Upon a Mattress and Your Highness

_____________________________

It’s a long way from Butcher Holler to Broadway in New York City," Lynn said in a statement. "I never imagined I’d see Coal Miner’s Daughter on a movie screen, and now I can’t believe it’s going to be on a stage for people to see. I’m going to be right there in the front row. And I know Zooey is going to be great – she sings and writes her own songs just like I do, and we even have the same color eyes!”

______________________________

 Deschanel lobbied for the role when the kernel of a Broadway show was being thought about by the show's team. They refused to consider Zooey till Lynn herself met Deschanel in Tennessee and anointed her for the role. Who's gonna argue with the great Loretta Lynn?

_______________________________

According to Lynn:

It’s a long way from Butcher Holler to Broadway in New York City," Lynn said in a statement. "I never imagined I’d see Coal Miner’s Daughter on a movie screen, and now I can’t believe it’s going to be on a stage for people to see. 

I’m going to be right there in the front row. And I know Zooey is going to be great – she sings and writes her own songs just like I do, and we even have the same color eyes!”

(read more on "Broadway Buzz" online)

No comments:

Post a Comment