Friday, February 1, 2013

MAYOR KOCH DIES- 88--R I P

New York's brash former mayor, Ed Koch, dies at 88..

FAR FROM BEING A PERFECT MAYOR REGARDING BEING HONEST ABOUT HIS SEXUALITY & THE LACK OF SUPPORT FOR THE AIDS CAUSE. 

____________________________________

THEN SUPPORTING BUSH (YIKES!). 

____________________________________

HOWEVER, EVERYONE WAS SCARED & CONFUSED ABOUT HIV/AIDS THEN. 

_____________________________________

BESIDES NOT COOPERATING FULLY WITH THE LGBT COMMUNITY & IT'S NEEDS, PERCEIVED RACISM FINALLY GOT HIM VOTED OUT

_____________________________________

HE DOES LEAVE A LEGACY WORTH STUDYING ON HOW TO DO THINGS SUCCESSFULLY USING CHARM & FLAIR; HOPEFULLY, WE WILL NOT MAKE HIS SAME MISTAKES SHIELDING HIS IGNORANCE WITH THAT SAME FLAIR & CHARM (BE CAREFUL OF THE INTENTIONS BEHIND THE SMILES).

 http://www.prlog.org/10889105-mayor-ed-koch-on-the-tony-katz-radio-spectacular.jpg

(CNN) -- Ed Koch, the brash former New York City mayor who typically greeted constituents with a "How'm I doin'?" died Friday at the age of 88, his spokesman said.Koch died of congestive heart failure, spokesman George Arzt said. The former mayor felt very tired Thursday morning and was admitted to the intensive care unit, Artz said. Koch lost consciousness that afternoon and ultimately passed away around 2 a.m. Friday.
 

The lawyer-turned-public servant was a U.S. congressman from 1968 until he ran for mayor of the city in 1977 He served three terms until David Dinkins defeated him in a Democratic primary.

Koch told New York magazine in 1998: "I think my personality was helpful in this job. I always had a great sense of humor, though I am also pretty reserved personally. I mean, I don't go to chichi parties; never did. I don't like going to dinners other than small dinners at the homes of people. But I realized that if I was to harness the energies of the people of the city of New York and give them back their pride, I would have to become bigger than life. And I did."

 For two years starting in 1997, he was the judge on the syndicated show "The People's Court."

 Only three New York mayors were ever reelected twice -- Fiorello LaGuardia and Robert Wagner.

Koch, who never married, was often criticized by playwright, novelist and LGBT rights advocate Larry Kramer for not doing more to stop the spread of AIDS in New York."He was a closeted gay man, and he did not want in any way to be associated with this," Kramer declared to New York magazine.

Koch found discussions of his sexuality to be humorous. (hmmmm-really?)

No comments:

Post a Comment